Superfood Paleo Breakfast Granola Smoothie Bowl........seriously?! How super quick is this breakfast!? If you've ever tried to go totally Paleo, the biggest change is breakfast. We remember tha porridge was no longer in and eggs were every morning, everyday, alllll the time. Yeah, eggs are great, they taste delicious and super nutritious but the same thing every day? Nah ah.
Fruit is super addictive, super yummy and this recipe can be meal prepped in advance (I wouldn't even bother). We put mixed berries in the recipe however, we would recommend the blueberries and strawberry combo. Few reasons why; blueberries and strawberries are generally lower carb than most fruits, they are nutritious and most importantly, they are super delicious !
Let us know what you think!
Duration: 5 minutes
- 160g frozen mixed berries
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk, plus more as needed
- optional: 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
- Add a bit of almond milk and protein powder (optional), and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings (optional). We added RAWnola, dried goji berries and chia seeds (which you can also buy from our shop).
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.
Author: Charleh Dickinson