Paleo Coffee Walnut Cake with Vanilla Frosting
Coffffeeeeeee.........if like me, you're addicted to the taste, then you'll love this Paleo Coffee Walnut Cake with Vanilla Frosting!
It perfect someone's birthday, a party or a Wednesday ;)
Here's how you can make it too:
For the Frosting:
- 4 Cans of Full Fat Coconut Milk (in the fridge overnight)
- 1 Jar of Honey
- Vanilla Flavouring of your choice
For the Cake:
- 300g Ground Almonds
- 200g Ground Walnuts (or in the picture....not ground enough!)
- 300g Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Pink Salt
- 4 Chia Seed Eggs
- 100g Honey/Agave
- 1 Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Strong Espressos
Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease your cake tins.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the ground almonds, tapioca flour, baking powder and pink together
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, coconut milk, oil and cold espressos.
Pour this wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and mix until smooth.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
Bake on the centre rack for 28 to 35 minutes or until cake tests clean when poked in the centre.
Whilst the cake bakes, make the frosting.
- Carefully take the coconut milk out of the fridge and carefully open the cans.
- Scoop out the cream which has separated and floated to the top. Save or discard the water in the bottom.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients together.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix ingredients together on a high-speed setting for about 2 minutes, until creme becomes a thick consistency, like whipped cream.
- Store in the fridge until the cake is baked and cooled.
- Assemble and decorate with walnuts!