Healthy Thai Red Prawn Curry August 18 2017
This Healthy Thai Red Chicken Curry recipe is so easy - why get a takeaway? Ready in just 30 minutes, it's the perfect dish for midweek or a Friday night. Fresh ginger and coriander add plenty of zing, as well as beautiful colour to the dish. Best of all, you can adjust the heat to just how you like it.
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2-3tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1kg pawns
- 300ml coconut milk
- 250g green pepper stripes
- 1-2tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large red chilli
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- The sauce should have reduced and thickened by this stage.
- Add the prawns and pepper, stir well, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender and the seafood is pink.
- Season to taste and serve in bowls topped with a handful of coriander leaves, accompanied with steamed cauli-rice.
Author: Charleh Dickinson